Janet Gallagher AIFD
I am an alumnus of Joliet Junior College with an Associate Degree in Floriculture; University of Illinois, graduating with a Bachelor Degree in Technical Education Specialties, and a Master of Science degree in Agriculture Education. I have been blessed to be part of the floral design community over the last 22 years. My floral experience has evolved from working in a flower shop to becoming a member of AIFD American Institute of Floral Design, to teaching at the college level. Currently, I am the instructor of floriculture at Kishwaukee College in Malta, IL.
I have participated in:
- The Flower and Garden Show in Chicago, IL.
- “Frankly Floral Art,” an exhibit at the Dana Thomas House in Springfield, IL.
- Published in Flora Magazine
- Several design shows at local high schools, community colleges, and wholesalers as well a commentator.
- Various Garden Club events.
- The rose luncheon event at the 2008 AIFD National Symposium in Chicago, IL.
- "Petals and Paintings" 2009 at the Krannert Art Museum, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL
- Serve on the Education committee for AIFD
Last modified: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 1:37 PM